Thursday, January 26, 2023

Excerpt from Return of the Deadly Trio

 



“No Vance sorry I haven’t seen it but I need a favor.  Mikhail Romanov, I need to see the body or at least I need to see his wallet and whatever was in his pockets.  It could help me get to the bottom of this mess.”  Vance shook his head, “no can do Steele.”

Duce stood up from his seat and confronted Vance.  “Can’t or won’t?  You claim to be Sugar Bear’s friend but you don’t sound like one you sound like a cop.  If you don’t want to help us then get the hell out of here, you’re wasting our time.”


Duce’s words did not sit well with Vance.  He leap to his feet and stood toe to toe with Duce.  “Look here young blood; don’t let this grey hair fool you.  We can take this outside right now.”  Steele separated the men and clamed things down.  


“Look Vance, take my phone.  Use it to take pictures of what I need from the morgue and e-mail or text or however the hell you do it.  Send it to Stan, this way you don’t have to remove any evidence and technically you aren’t breaking any laws.”


Vance agreed to Steele’s comprise but decided to use his own phone so that he could delete the photos after he sent them to Steele. 



No comments:

Post a Comment