Saturday, December 11, 2021

Excerpt from Return of the Deadly Trio

 Excerpt from Return of the Deadly Trio

Brenda was eavesdropping on the conversation.  “It’s okay, Steele. She can stay with me.  As a matter of fact Tina, you can stay too.  These jokers don’t know me or where I live and besides, I got the Judge and a forty-five to protect us.  Don’t underestimate Shakia; she has asked me to hold her handbag a time or two.  That extra weight she’s caring ain’t no curling iron.”  Steele smiled as he turned to Shakia, “Is that okay with you, baby?”  Shakia managed a brief smile and kissed Steele on the cheek.  “It’s better than DC.”

Duce was not a patient man.  He wanted to get down to business.  “Okay, you love birds,  now that your domestic affairs have been sorted out, does somebody want to tell me what’s going on?  What’s the deal with the suitcase, and who is the Judge?”  Brenda laughed, I can’t tell you about the suitcase sugar, but the Judge is my rock wilder.  He decides who gets in or out of my place.  Nobody gets past him.”


Alexander Steele Murder Mysteries, Volume 2 


No comments:

Post a Comment